What gets checked during a Fire Door Inspection?
When Right Action undertake a Fire Door Inspection, we inspect many aspects of the Fire Doorset (door, frame, architrave & ironmongery) as a whole. Some of these aspects will be, for example:
- Material condition & suitability for the given fire rating and location.
- Hinge condition & suitability.
- Correct fixing types have been used to install all visible aspects of the Fire Doorset.
- Perimeter Fire Stopping.
- Perimeter gaps are within tolerance.
- Any damage visible to any aspect of the Fire Doorset which will impact the performance in the event of a fire.
We undertake an extensive, independent, 26-point onsite Fire Door Inspection. During the Fire Door Inspection vital information, along with supporting evidence, is gathered to form the resulting Fire Door Compliance Report which is complete with images.